The Carve December Workbook
“The Workbook Class is one of the best classes I ever invested in….This class is a great too for helping you think things through. Watching Julie go through the process has helped me ask similar questions that I hadn’t thought of. It’s making the process so much easier than I thought it would. I can’t imagine going back to just making it up on the fly. I love thinking it through!” – Joanne
“One of the most valuable teaching moments you provide, Julie, is your attitude toward your artwork. Your matter-of-fact observations, acknowledgment of flaws/quirkiness/artist’s hand/challenges, and pro-art positive attitude are so refreshing.” – Rhonda
“Your enthusiasm is contagious! Love it.” – Maria
“Julie’s classes deliver so much more than I tend to expect, and Carve December Workbook is no exception. Before December, she gives great insights about how to get the most out of a class or challenge. During Carve December, she introduces us to a super fun and flexible way to stay organized during the month and capture thoughts and learning. Then, after Carve December is all over, and I’m expecting a simple wrap-up, she presents such amazing – challenging – useful – ideas about what to do next and how to take it so much further!!! I am going to use this approach for every future project, class and challenge I undertake – it’s genius!” – Karen
“Julie, I created my workbook and decided on florals. Although I am lagging behind a bit in my goal of carving a stamp daily, I do find the exercise of thinking things through and documenting the process helpful….Together with this Workbook class, I am using your CARVE STAMP PLAY book and your Stamp Carving 101 class to learn. These resources of yours, and this course’s teaching, are stretching me as an artist. Thanks!” – Christine
I’m incredibly excited to offer you a new multi-month online workshop called “The Carve December Workbook.” While I have organized the course to be conducted in November, December, and January, you can do it any time of the year. This is a methodology of working that can be used for lots of different types of projects — especially daily challenges like “The 100 Day Project” or “Februllage” or “Inktober” or a self-directed challenge where you want to improve your artwork.
Here’s the month-by-month breakdown:
November = Preparation:
- Learn to make a no-sew workbook that expands as much or as little as you need in order to follow the way you think. Flips, flaps, and pockets will all be explored.
- Learn how to prep for #CarveDecember in order to get the most out of it.
- There are 9 video lessons in this section of the course.
December = Carve December:
- Learn how to use your workbook to help you design and record your #CarveDecember progress.
- There will be daily videos (35 total) in December, focused on how to use your workbook as you carve and print each day.
- Each day in December 2022, at least one new video will be released.
January = Reflection & Looking Forward:
- Learn how to handle the often neglected follow-up period.
- Learn how to use what happened in December to propel yourself forward for the rest of 2023!
- All January video lessons (6 videos) will be available on January 1, 2023.
April & September!
- There are two live Zoom calls to check-in on your progress and mine.
- Each call will be recorded and posted in the classroom.
This class assumes that you already know how to carve stamps. If not, no worries. My “Stamp Carving 101” class ($50 value) is FREE with the purchase of this class and available to you immediately upon signing up for this class.
Here are the rest of the details:
- You have lifetime access to all content. Watch anytime.
- Lessons are delivered via video.
- Each video is followed by a short bulleted list of “take aways.”
- You can watch and rewatch the videos, speed them up, and slow them down.
- Each lesson has a comments section where you can leave questions and comments.
- There is a general Facebook Group for Balzer Designs Students where you can share your work, if you wish. You can also share on social media with the hashtag #carvedecemberworkbook.
This is a process-based class. If you ever wanted to get inside my brain, this is the class for you. In each video I talk you through my process and how I’m using the workbook to aid that process. To get a sense of what the lesson are like, here is a sample:
I look forward to seeing you in the classroom.