Today’s guest is Christina Richmond, aka Tweeny. Christina lives in Bath, and as a Jane Austen fan, I’ve always had a fantasy version of Bath in my head. We do chat about this at the top of the podcast, but then we get into the creative meat of the matter: when graphic design meets lino.
She is a designer by day, living and working in the beautiful city of Bath, and an artist-printmaker in her free time.
She has been print-making for around 9 years, mostly creating small lino prints packed full of detail.
Christina is teaching how she creates her stamp designs on her iPad in the #CarveDecember Class.
Some things we discuss on the podcast:
- being part of a creative couple
- Pfeil Tools
- Flexcut Slipstrop for sharpening tools
- relationship between lino and graphic design
- lino carving as a hobby, with no desire to make it a profession
- lino vs rubber (lino is biodegradable)
- Christina’s ideal studio
- Presses: Book Press, Woodzilla Press
- Beth Lewis of @booloulewdesign
- not rushing things
Links for Christina:
And finally, in case you’re wondering, she got the house!
Thanks for stopping by!