Today’s guest is Ali Baecker of 3 Dotted Penguins. Ali is one of the talented #CarveDecemberClass teachers. We discussed how motherhood transformed her creative passion and how she got bitten by the block carving bug!
Ali of 3dottedpenguins is printmaker, educator and pattern lover based in Zurich, Switzerland.
A selection of 3dottedpenguins’ original block prints, screen printed textiles (such as bags and shirts) as well as cards are available for purchase.
She is a firm believer in monthlong (and longer) challenges or creative projects as they have helped her establish a sustainable creative practice and regularly push her to try new things or deepen her block printing and pattern design skills.
- being a multi-linguist
- positive/negative space
- creating a cohesive body of work by showing up on a daily basis
- Pfeil Tools
- Flexcut Slipstrop for sharpening tools
Links for Ali:
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/3dottedpenguins
- Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shops/3dottedpenguins
- Website: https://www.3dottedpenguins.com
- Newsletter: https://3dottedpenguins.ck.page/newsletter
- Free Resource Guide: https://3dottedpenguins.ck.page/miniguide