Mom and I are discussing artistic fear on today’s podcast. What is it? Why is it? And how can you overcome it?
- The instagram post that started it all.
- The quote from Hugh Laurie.
- The Martha Graham/Agnes de Mille conversation.
Some resources for you:
- 4 Painting Fears and How to Overcome Them
- Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
- It’s Never Too Late To Begin Again: Discovering Creativity and Meaning at Midlife and Beyond by Julia Cameron
- Talking About Failure is Crucial for Growth
Finally, a quick reminder that I’ve got a bunch of teaching gigs coming up:
- August 31-September 2: 3 Classes at Whimsodoodle in Florida. (Mom is coming with me to this one!)
- September 22-23: I’ll be at The Ink Pad in NYC.
- October 13-14: ScanNCut for Artists in the Boston area.
- November 2-4: co-teaching a 3-day class with Nat Kalbach in the UK
I hope to see you in class! Thanks for stopping by!
Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes here. And if you like the podcast, please leave a review on iTunes!