Mom and I had a wonderful conversation with Wendy Solganik, aka “Willa.Wanders” this week. We probably could have talked to her for several hours. Our conversation covers making a living, pricing, business killing creativity, Black Lives Matter, authenticity, love of instagram, and more. Give it a listen!
If you enjoy the podcast, please give us a shout out on instagram or facebook. This helps other people find the show. Thanks so much!
Wendy Solganik is a life long artist and crafter, currently working in book arts…
From production wheel pottery to scrapbooking to knitting and so many more passions, Wendy always dives deep to master a craft. After a fifteen year stint as the co-owner of Luscious Verde, a successful, award-winning, custom invitation design, printing and manufacturing company, you can find Wendy at home in her studio, crafting handmade, colorful, and highly custom art journals for clients…
…while caring for her large extended family. You just never know where she will wander to next!
Some things we discuss during the podcast:
- Wendy’s daughter tibbleslimes.
- Louise Fletcher’s online class, “Find Your Joy.”
- Lauren Hom’s passion projects.
- Kelly Wynne Conrad’s class, “The Layered Page.”
- The Society for Calligraphy in Los Angeles
- Evolutionary Psychology
- Social Credibility — what is it?
Here are our recommendations this episode:
- Wendy: On instagram: iamtabithabrown – vegan chef mom actress who promotes healthy relationships with food and self.
- Eileen: 2007 article from The New Yorker called, “What’s the Trouble: How Doctor’s Think.”
- Julie: The book, “How to Make Hand-Drawn Maps.”
Find Wendy online:
I hope you enjoyed this episode. Thanks for stopping by!
Subscribe to the podcast on Apple Music here.
And if you like the podcast, please post about it on your social media so that other people can find the show!