This is a class that has been in the works for four years. Seriously. I filmed the first four videos in this workshop four years ago. For the past five years, this has been one of my favorite art projects to take with me when I travel. In class you will learn how to print directly into your journal — including into that crack…
…and then transform those printed pages into colorful picture pages!
Here’s what to expect from class:
- There are more than 30 HD instructional videos.
- What you see in these photos and this video is just a tiny taste of what awaits in the classroom!
- The online classroom is packed with written tips and take aways.
- You can leave comments and questions and interact with other students, just as you would on a blog.
- The first half of the class is all about gelatin printing directly into a sketchbook — how to make sure you get the crack, how to fix problems that occur, how to create layers of color and pattern, how to keep pages from sticking together, etc.
- Whether you’re an experienced gelatin printer or you’ve never ever tried it before, this class is for you. Experienced printers will proceed through the gelatin printing section quickly and less experienced or brand new printers will take their time going lesson-by-lesson.
- The second half of the class is all about creating pictures in your printed journal.
- You do not have to know how to draw. I share methods for creating pictures by stamping and stenciling — there’s even a video on creating a stencil from a photograph!
- If you want to try drawing, I share how to combine simple shapes to create wonderful pictures.
- I share my tips on embellishing your pictures with gel pens, paint markers, and more.
- I focus in on correcting “mistakes” (aka happy accidents) and getting the results that you want.
- Take as much time as you want or need to complete the course. Once you purchase “Gelli Journals,” you have lifetime access.
PLEASE NOTE: The first four videos of this class have some auto-focus issues and so they go in and out of focus, as you can see in this YouTube video. If the bouncing bothers you, do not sign up for class. No refunds will be given.
Class begins December 1, 2018.